The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Ocmulgee River near Macon.
* Until Monday morning.
* At 9 am Saturday the stage was 17.6 feet... and rising.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by this afternoon and
continue to slowly rise to near 18.5 feet by Sunday morning.
The river is expected to fall below flood stage by early Monday
morning, possibly sooner.
* At 19.0 feet... minor flooding continues. The Macon Greenway
Ocmulgee heritage trail will begin to flood in areas just north of
the Martin Luther King Boulevard bridge. The public should not use
this portion of the trail. In addition... the lowest sections of the
Charles Jones Gateway Park will flood. Portions of agricultural
lands well downstream will be under two feet of water.
Lat... Lon 3290 8372 3293 8367 3282 8356 3266 8353
3263 8359 3274 8363
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Monroe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:03 AM EST Dec. 14, 2019 – National Weather Service