I am an old lady who lives in a shoe, white hair, blue eyes and all of five foot two.
By: AllyBama, 10:40 PM GMT on November 15, 2009
It has been along time coming but once again, the Alabama Nation can hold their head high.
Christmas Countdown - Christmas Layouts
HO! HO! HO!
It's that most wonderful time of year again when it seems that we never have enough time to think about all that needs to be done before Christmas arrives. Here are a few suggestions that I normally post each year. Unfortunately I am a little behind, so I hope that you have started without me!..lol
BTW, it is not too late to join in on the WU Christmas card exchange list - just let me know!
THE LIST (lol)
- purchase airline, train or bus tickets NOW!
- make hotel reservations if you are not staying with family or friends or if you are doing any overnight travel as well.
- if you are having an offsite holiday party, you need to look for a site NOW - it maybe too late (sorry I forgot to remind you).
- if you are needing a caterer, call one ASAP!..or if you are going to order food and then pick it up, the sooner you place your order the better.
- organize, organize, organize - and make lists!
- Holiday invitations need to be purchased, completed and mailed at least 3 weeks before your party - if at all possible.
- make your Christmas card list and go ahead and purchase your cards and Holiday stamps..also, addressing a few each day is most helpful and saves the hand too!
- prepare menus for your holiday meals and entertaining, and make your grocery lists as you go along.
- check holiday linens to see if they need cleaning or replacing...if you are going to need paper products, you might want to get then now to ensure that you have enough matching items.
- need I mention polishing silver?..lol..
- CHRISTMAS WISH LISTS! I ask my children and grandchildren to provide me with a list to avoid duplicates and to make sure that they get something that they really want. (You should see my 9-yr old granddaughters list! She made a top 20 list and divided it up between Santa, both sets of grandparents and her Aunt KayKay and THEN made a list exclusively for her Mom and Dad! ROFL)
I will be adding to this list as I think of other ideas. Please feel free to help!..lol
Here's a link to help you plan and organize for the Holidays.
By: AllyBama, 4:06 AM GMT on November 11, 2009
Tori and Lydia
Our trip to CT was wonderful and I sure hated to come home. A big THANK YOU to everyone for your loving thoughts and prayers during Lydia's birth. She is just beautiful. Lydia was born on October 21st and weighed 8 lb. 0 ozs. and was 19.25 in. As you can tell she has dark hair - however, underneath that dark layer is what looks like the beginning of RED HAIR!..ROFL...
As you can tell, Tori is infatuated with her little sister and is enjoying being the "big" sister.
By: AllyBama, 12:28 AM GMT on November 09, 2009
Ida is getting closer as the wind and rain has picked up in the Mobile area. Hopefully she will move swiftly and not linger in any one spot for too long.
By: AllyBama, 1:22 PM GMT on November 02, 2009
Happy Turkey month everyone!
This blog as been temporarily interrupted by Hurricane Ida..lol
HO! HO! HO!...it's getting to be that time of year - again!..seems like only yesterday that we had our first WU Christmas card exchange. This has been so much fun and the list has grown every year! If you are interested in joining, please WU mail me for details.
The views of the author are his/her own and do not necessarily represent the position of The Weather Company or its parent, IBM.