Rain :(.......go away

By: Levi32 , 3:36 PM GMT on January 30, 2007

Well, for the second time this winter it is raining. A very sneakily placed low has spread it's warm sector over us, brining extremely mild temps and lots of rain. My house reached 41 degrees yesterday, with the same expected today. And I was so happy about our snowpack yesterday too :'( .Yesterday we hit 38 inches of snow. That is more snow then we've had at any given time over the last 6 years. And now we're gonna lose up to 10 inches of it to this confounded rain lol. Right now it looks like this pattern change will last for at least a few days before cooling down below freezing again. This means more awful sloppy driveways to get stuck in which I'm sure we all enjoy. And this will just intensify the already flooded Kenai River which has been having ice jam problems ever since a remote lake broke its natural dam and started pooring into the river. Anyway, Alaska never used to be this way lol.

6. Tazmanian
5:49 PM GMT on January 30, 2007
hello give the rain too me
4:06 PM GMT on January 30, 2007
Hey little Bob! LOL. It has been a long time hasn't it. Yeah I noticed how cold you are I hope you like it! If I could believe me I'd shove this whole trough 60 degrees east lol. Take care of yourself too. See ya later!
3. weatherguy03
4:02 PM GMT on January 30, 2007
Hey little Joe!! I miss ya!! You are warmer then us now!!..LOL You gotta send some of that snow to the East Coast!! See ya Levi. Take care!
3:59 PM GMT on January 30, 2007
Good morning OGal. Yeah that river is very beautiful. Never get tired of it even though I've lived here all my life. Yes I see the eagles on your blog. Nice pictures! By the way about me taking pictures myself, to tell you the truth I've never used a camera before lol. I only had some experience with really old ones from decades ago in a small class on photography. I'll do my best though and see if I can get my hands on one and take some shots, especially this spring. I sure hope we get more snow I hate the rain. Enjoy your little taste of winter down there in Florida!
1. OGal
3:42 PM GMT on January 30, 2007
Good Mornin Levi, read from one of the bloggers in Soldotna that there are ice jams below the bridge on the Kenai. That is the most beautiful river. It is turquoise blue, must have some glacial flour in it. The trip to Homer along that river is just too much beauty to take in all at once. Next time we are going fishing. Saw all the boats floating to catch fish. Notice I have the Homer eagles on my blog. Sorry about your rain! Bet you will get more snow before this winter is over!!