Nova Laid to Rest

By: Patrap , 8:51 PM GMT on December 16, 2008

A Family member and trusted faithful friend for 14 years has gone to rest.

Already missed greatly by friends and family.

All good dogs go to heaven,..and truly this one walks with God this day,..

Godspeed to Heaven Nova.

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index

101. Patrap
3:04 PM GMT on December 18, 2008
Once again..all of you have helped me greatly with this Heavy Loss.

Know that your caring words and calls have helped me in ways I cant explain.
Thank you,again.

.."Like Ive never been gone.."

Plant Robert Lyrics

100. stormdude77
2:35 PM GMT on December 18, 2008
I'm so sorry to hear about Nova, Pat! Hang in there...
99. palmettobug53
2:29 PM GMT on December 18, 2008
I love that picture of Nova with the kitten.

Thinking of you today. It's so hard to lose a companion.
98. Skyepony (Mod)
1:27 PM GMT on December 18, 2008
You did her right. 14 is about as good as you could have done & to have played in the snow the week before... It wasn't even a bad last year. & white, I've never seen one so big & white make it so long. That one was a piece of you, the best kind of pet, also by far the worst to say bye to. I am so sorry...
97. surfmom
1:21 PM GMT on December 18, 2008
I once read that the reason Dogs have such short lives is because they are born knowing the things it takes us a life time to learn.........

We're all in school, trying our best to understand the lessons.........our guides often are the 4-leggeds --they teach us much w/unconditional love

May Peace Prevail on Earth
96. Raysfan70
12:22 PM GMT on December 18, 2008

Good Morning {{Pat and Family}}!
May Your Day be filled with laughter and joy.

95. EmmyRose
11:25 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Ahoy thru the fog

AUSTIN-BRAZOS-BURLESON-COLORADO-FORT BEND-GRIMES-HARRIS-HOUSTON-
LIBERTY-MADISON-MONTGOMERY-POLK-SAN JACINTO-TRINITY-WALKER-WALLER-
WASHINGTON-WHARTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BELLVILLE...BRENHAM...BROOKSHIRE...
BRYAN...CALDWELL...CLEVELAND...COLDSPRING...COLLEGE STATION...

MORNING...

A DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CST THIS
MORNING.

WIDESPREAD DENSE FOG...REDUCING VISIBILITIES BELOW 1/4 MILE...CAN
BE EXPECTED THIS MORNING. CONDITIONS SHOULD BEGIN TO IMPROVE LATE
THIS MORNING...BUT DENSE FOG COULD LINGER OVER THE BAYS AND IMMEDIATE
COAST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON.

MOTORISTS SHOULD DRIVE WITH EXTREME CAUTION AND ALLOW ADDITIONAL
TRAVEL TIME. USE LOW BEAMS...REDUCE DRIVING SPEED...AND ALLOW FOR
PLENTY OF ROOM BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER CARS. YOU CAN OVERTAKE
ANOTHER VEHICLE QUICKLY IN POOR VISIBILITIES...SO SLOW DOWN AND
DRIVE DEFENSIVELY
94. surfmom
11:24 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Hope your doing OK Pat........ Hug
93. BajaALemt
10:33 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
(((( Pat and family )))) Thoughts and prayers your way
92. GardenGrrl
7:13 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
So sorry to hear of your friend passing away.
Prayers and gentle thoughts for Nova and your family.
91. JDinWPA
5:16 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
I am so sorry Pat. I lost my sheperd 3 1/2 years ago and I miss him still. He was my constant companion and best friend for 12 1/2 years. Take care.
90. palmettobug53
4:24 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Oh, ((((({PAT))))))

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved, brave Nova.

I had no idea she was 14. That is a grand age for a large dog. You were blessed to have her for so long.
89. Patrap
3:54 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Thanks for all the Kindness,poems and Saintly reminders that Grief and pain give way to memories and Love.
Bless you all from all of us here.

Patrick
88. slantree
2:53 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
I share the hurt of Nova passing!
But, God has confinced me that our pets are in Heaven and will be with us then. Rejoice for that wonder!
May Peace be in your heart and of your family this Christmas and through out.
87. dragonflyF15
1:42 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Sorry to hear of the loss of such a wonderful companion. It's been 3 years now since I lost my dog of 18 years and while I love my new pet, I still miss my buddy. Sounds like a wonderful friend and glad the two of you crossed paths. May the memories shared bring you smiles, even through the tears~

>hugz<
86. MNTornado
12:20 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Pat, I'm not very good with words, but I understand your pain.
I've lost a dog that that once I held so dear.
I looked through the internet to find a poem that expresses how I feel.
I hope these word bring you comfort and hope you will one day be with Nova once again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Do dogs go to heaven?
My little bully passed away, no more to breathe a sound.
I held him for the last time, then entombed him in the ground.
Day and night I wept so much, in tears I thought I'd drown.
I searched my soul for comfort, but no peace therein was found.

In great despair, I hit my knees and then began to pray.
"Father will I ever see, my dog again someday?"
I raised my eyes and saw an angel standing near a gate.
I sensed an inner peace I'd never felt before that day.

The angel smiled and said to me, "Oh man of little faith!
God sees every bird that falls; He knows your bully's fate.
I have met your little dog, I saw him pass my way.
Your precious dog is still alive; he just walked through this gate.

Paradise is lovelier than you can comprehend.
No pain or grief, no tears or fears, and life will have no end.
God gave to man His only Son, to cover all his sins.
So why would God withhold from you, your pure and loving friend?

The angel took me by the hand and said, "Now come with me.
A glimpse of paradise I'll give, to you so you can see."
Through the gate and o'er the Rainbow Bridge we did proceed.
Through green valleys filled with flowers, rolling hills and trees.

'Wow, so this is paradise!' The place was filled with joy.
I saw my bully playing there, with dogs and cats and toys.
He also had some doggie treats, and food that he enjoyed.
He'd made a lot of new friends there, including girls and boys.

Then I saw a child come near, and hug my little mate.
She said to him, "I love you so," and kissed him on the face.
The angel said, "The child just crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.
Now she needs a little friend, to love and help her play.

God's love for her would be enough, in that make no mistake.
But in His love, He knew full well, the child would want a mate.
This is why God called your dog unto this splendid place.
God's entrusted her with him, until you pass through the gate."

I pleaded, May I hug them both?! The angel answered, No!
You'd violate a sacred site, and now it's time to go.
He led me back across the Bridge and through the gate to home.
He left me there with new-found hope and peace within my soul.

If someone ever asks what happens to a dog that dies,
Just give a gentle smile of joy and look them in the eye.
Take their hand and comfort them and tell them not to cry.
For dogs don't die, they simply cross a bridge to paradise.

Dan Atcheson

85. auburn (Mod)
12:15 AM GMT on December 18, 2008
Aww Pat..I am so sorry man!
84. oakland
11:53 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
A Poem
Don't Grieve Too Long

Don't grieve too long for now I'm free
I've followed the path God set for me
I ran to him when I heard his call
I swished my tail and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To bark, to love, to romp or play
Games left unplayed must stay that way
I found such peace, it made my day.

My partings has left you with a void
Please fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, your laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too shall miss.

Be not burdened with ties of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life's been full, you've given so much
Your time, your love and gentle touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your head and share with me
God wanted me, he set me free!

Author Unknown
83. freybear
11:50 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Sorry to hear about Nova
(gives ya a virtual hug)

#1 Website for Tornado & Weather links, All on one site!

www.tornadolinks.com

WWW.TORNADOLINKS.COM

WWW.USAGHOSTHUNTERS.COM

Image by
82. EmmyRose
11:46 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat - wouldn't it be cool if St. Francis adopted Nova and his protection and guide?
I like to believe that.
81. snowbunny50
11:36 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Sorry for your loss. she was a beautiful dog. bless her.
80. Patrap
10:49 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Thanx reel,.and Kirk too.

That she was,..definitely.

79. Patrap
10:45 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Last Week in the Snow..

78. Patrap
10:43 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
77. reeldrlaura
10:15 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Thinking of you with LOVE!!!
Rainbow Bridge Pictures, Images and Photos
76. GulfScotsman
10:11 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
“Of all the souls I’ve encountered in my travels, her's was the most.... human. " ----

75. Patrap

If you look
beyond the horizon
And listen
with your heart
73. PeaceRiverBP
8:23 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Dear {{{Pat}}}; I'm so sorry to hear about Nova. I know she must have meant a lot to you. Losing an animal is sometimes harder than losing a fellow human being; pets have the gift of unlimited love and loyalty - most people would be hard pressed to give that much of themselves.

Again, I'm SO sorry. :-(
72. Fshhead
7:59 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
The Story of Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, the pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......

Author unknown

Man, SO,SO SORRY for your loss!!!
I had to put my Dalmation of 12 years down a few months ago. I have had to put 3 good dogs down in my lifetime. Probably the hardest thing I have had to deal with in my life.
I know all my best friends are awaitin' for me to join them.......

71. Patrap
7:58 PM GMT on December 17, 2008

ROBERT PLANT - I Believe

Tears, tears at the water's edge
Hey little sister, there is laughter instead
Tears for the teacher, from the eyes, from the soul
This restless spirit takes a long way back home
Like the wind, you are free
Just a whisper - I hear you, so talk to me

Oh, I believe, eye to eye
Say brother, sisters, see your brothers in the sky
Neighbour, neighbour, don't be so cold
It's only glory from the story I'm told

I believe, eye to eye
Say brothers, sister, see your brothers in the sky
Neighbour, neighbour, don't be so cold
It's so much glory from the story untold

Big fire, on top of the hill
A hopeless gesture, and last farewell
Tears from your mother, from the pits of her soul
Look at your father, see his blood run cold
Like the wind, you are free
Just a whisper - I hear you, so talk to me

I believe, eye to eye
Say brothers, sister, see your brothers in the sky
Neighbour, neighbour, don't be so cold
With so much glory from the story untold

I believe, eye to eye
Say brother, sisters, see your brothers in the sky
Neighbour, neighbour, don't be so cold
It's so much glory from the story untold
70. code1
7:50 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
She deserved that title Pat. Still tears flowing here. Regardless of our public and private battles, that girl holds my heart, and I cry with you. I apologize for any real hurt I have caused you. Anyone who can love a dog as you have her, is only good. Says much as to how shallow I really am. I love our selfless, loving animals more than I do ourselves. I will strive in the New Year to become the person that my dog's see when they look at me. Blessings and comfort to you and yours.
69. Patrap
7:41 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
As one who was around long enough with 2 Marines,Myself and Dad.

I gave her a Honorary Field Commission During Katrina,..

so this is for Corporal Nova Von Snowcloud.

Sired by General Phoenix,Pick of the Litter from Queenie Von Snow Cloud.

We have always protected this country,..and each other...And code put it best,..and thanks Dear.

68. code1
6:54 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
And lest, or before, any get angry over a flag lying over Nova's gravesite. This hero dog, along with Pat, did save many in NO when the waters rose. She is most deserving of the flag. Let no man/woman ever think otherwise! You only have to go back to the archives to read for yourselves for those not here during that time.
67. LowerCal
6:40 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat, sorry to see your good friend and faithful companion Nova has gone on ahead. I know you will cherish the many good memories she has left you with.
66. OGal
6:18 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat, I just read about Nova. What a wonderful dog. She will be joining many of our loved pets and will surely have a special place amongst them.
65. Patrap
5:32 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Thanx for the words and all tkeith and surfmom.
Shs's all gone now from this Earth ,but safe in Heaven.
A long Life lived well,and during the worst of times,she comforted the suffering and Listened for the Living in a silent calamity.

Never will I forget her duty and service,..it was serving man,In a terrible time of need.
No greater Love is there.

Her uncommon Valor was not unnoticed..as she is forever a Hero to many.
And to me.

Thanks everyone.

64. tkeith
5:24 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
I'm gonna give Zoe an extra hug today for Nova Pat.
63. surfmom
5:21 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat, thinking about you...... hugs
62. Patrap
5:20 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Fiddler's Green..

...for Nova.

...by the Tragically Hip

61. Pensacola21
2:30 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
((((Pat and family)))))
60. unclemush
2:28 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
Sorry about you're pup.I know how it feels!
58. oakland
2:21 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
{{Pat and Family}},

Nova is in heaven with all of the loved pets we have all lost over the years... She'll be there waiting for you, with her tail wagging happily, when you get there many many years from now.
57. Raysfan70
12:21 PM GMT on December 17, 2008
{{Pat and Family}}
I'm so sorry to read of Nova's passing. She running in heaven watching over you all.
56. IMA
5:46 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
{{{{Pat}}} I heard about Nova's passing hours ago, but it was so upsetting that I couldn't even speak the words to my husband or bring myself to your blog until now. Nova was a member of the WU's extended family! Please know that we are thinking of y'all.

~~Ann
55. shoreacres
4:26 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat ~ She was beautiful, and is beautiful still. I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy that you had such a wonderful companion for so many years.
54. dewpoint
4:02 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat...I am so sorry for your loss...
Nova was a beautiful, intelligent and very special girl. Hang in there and remember all that you both have shared with each other through the years.
53. Tamarind
3:42 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on the loss of your beloved Nova. What a wonderful long and dedicated life of 14 years. I know her spirit will live on in your heart forever. Rest well angel Nova.
52. RobDaHood
3:30 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
So sorry to hear the news about Nova...Such a beautiful dog, and I am sure it feels like a huge part of you is missing. I've been there and know there's nothing to say to help it feel better, just that us dog folks understand and feel for you.

-rob
51. Gatorxgrrrl
3:25 AM GMT on December 17, 2008
Pat- so very sorry to hear about Nova. I know she was a good girl and your loyal friend. God bless you and your family. L

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index