10 year's gone...

By: Patrap , 8:51 PM GMT on August 03, 2011

10 years now gone in Afghanistan,,bring um home. Alexander was right.

Then, as it was, then again it will be
And though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea
Behind skies of fortune, each has gentle rain
On the wings of maybe, downy birds of prey
Kind of makes me feel sometimes, didnt have to go
But as the eagle leaves the nest, it's got so far to go

Changes fill my time, baby, thats alright with me
In the midst I think of you, and how it used to be

Did you ever really need somebody, and really need em bad
Did you ever really want somebody, the best something you ever had
Do you ever remember me, baby, did it feel so good
Cause it was just the first time, and you knew you would

Dewy eyes now sparkle, senses grown keen
Taste your love along the way, see your feathers preen
Kind of makes me feel sometimes, didnt have to go
We are eagles of a nest, the nest is in our soul

Vixen in my dreams, with great surprise to me
Never thought Id see your face the way it used to be
Oh darlin, oh darlin

Im never gonna leave you. I never gonna leave
Holdin on, ten years gone
Ten years gone, holdin on, ten years gone...

Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map

6. BriarCraft
11:36 PM GMT on August 07, 2011
I know I'm popping up out of the woodwork where I've never been seen before, but I've seen Patrap and Masshysteria in other blogs. Hope you don't mind me putting in my two-bits worth.

Way past our troops home! Home from Afghanistan, Iraq, Germany, Italy, Japan, etc. etc. etc. According to Wiki in Dec. 2010, we had 369,000 troops stationed in about 150 countries, including almost 54,000 in Germany and 33,000 in Japan. What on earth for???? To fuel the military-industrial complex that funds too many political campaigns? Or is there some real reason why we're in so many countries and in such numbers? No other country in the world has a military presence in so many places. Think of the good things that could be done for and in this country if those people and that money were put to better use here. It's a crying shame.
5. tkeith
5:23 PM GMT on August 06, 2011
4. tkeith
5:18 PM GMT on August 06, 2011
Link to Huffingtonpost news: Agony in Afghanistan - 31 American Troops Killed in Nato Helicopter Crash - "Aircraft reportedly shot down by Taliban and marks the deadliest event in a decade-long war".

Just read that Mass, at a loss for words.
3. tkeith
5:15 PM GMT on August 06, 2011
10 years now gone in Afghanistan,,bring um home. Alexander was right.

Yep Pat, it's time to bring um home Now!

2. masshysteria
4:54 PM GMT on August 06, 2011
Quoting Patrap:
10 years now gone in Afghanistan,,bring um home. Alexander was right

Hi Pat!

You're absolutely right!!!

On the weather front, we actually beat our own record high temps in Mass. this summer with 103F degrees recorded just a few weeks ago. This year, I feel like we're all just struggling contestants on the TV show, "Survivor", who would just love to be voted off this treacherous heat-waved island!
1. Patrap
8:59 PM GMT on August 03, 2011
Record Report
Statement as of 07:30 PM CDT on August 02, 2011

... Record high temperature set at New Orleans Audubon Park...

A new record high temperature of 99 degrees was set at New Orleans
Audubon Park yesterday. This broke the old record of 98 degrees which
was previously set in 2006.