Broke record temperature 74 in 1966 today's highs at 80!

By: tropicfreak , 9:02 PM GMT on December 10, 2007

Today we broke the record temperature of 74 in 1966 to today with highs barely reaching the 80 degree mark.It was pretty warm as you can tell.As soon as we saw our first snow,have themperatures in the 40's now we hit 80.I wore jeans and a short sleeved shirt and my legs are sweating.it will cool off by the end of the week.There is no snow in the forcast however some of the models are showing that we might get a big snowstorm.Most of the types of snow we get is these big classic coastal storms from the south.the cmc says huge storm with a lot of snow for all places The gfs says the same thing I said (classic coastal storm) which would be rain/snow for these big cities and snow more inland like where i live. The dgex says the same thing as GFS,but mostly snow for the big cities.The ECMWF says large coastal storm with a very close call for I95 which you probably know,runs near my town.I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Merry christmas!

tropicfreak

5. pumps
4:55 PM GMT on December 17, 2007
Watch: And a Merry Christmas to you
to....Pumps
4. watchingnva
1:43 PM GMT on December 17, 2007
yea pumps...its that usually around here...maybe a spit of snow here and there...but no real accumulation untill late jan-mid march....in that time frame, its looking to be the standard 45-55 partly cloudy christmas day here this year...you guys have a merry christmas if i dont check back on here befrore then...ttyl

chris.
3. pumps
5:31 PM GMT on December 16, 2007
Watch: Brandermill has reported
about 1/2 of rain....I shut down
my rain gauge for the winter months..
I also agree with you past opinions
on January and February.....
2. watchingnva
4:48 PM GMT on December 16, 2007
A nice cold rain and thats about it...Im telling ya....wait till jan.

Chris
1. weatherkid23
10:05 PM GMT on December 12, 2007
Cool Freak I Have Been Looking for someone near my Age On WU. thanks for the video

Tropicfreak's Central Virginia Weather Blog

About tropicfreak

Live in Richmond VA. I'm a recent high school graduate who is looking to pursue a career in meteorology. Winter storms and the tropics fascinate me.