Models show huge storm in early 2008 (1-3 days after newyears day)

By: tropicfreak , 10:03 PM GMT on December 19, 2007

Today it has been a very December-like day for me. Highs in the lower 50's to upper 40's.about yesterday morning I woke up to a lot of frosting to the ground because the low temp's were in the lower 20's.It was a while until it all burned off.Anyway by Christmas there are signs of a developing storm which will be bringing some winter weather at the beginning of 2008 (Jan 1-3)I'm not getting my hopes up because it's too early to tell and it's 15 days away.By around new years eve it should be more accurate.Although it would be nice to open up 2008 to some snow.

Happy holidays and merry christmas

Tropicfreak

P.S:Watchingnva and pumps you were right,by January there will be more snow.Have to wait til next month and things will start to get more dicey.

6. pumps
8:42 PM GMT on December 21, 2007
I do not know about you, TF, but I
use to get up, shovel out the van,
put on the chains and and go to
work....The warm spring weather will
melt the snow but it will not pay
your mortgage....
5. tropicfreak
6:45 PM GMT on December 21, 2007
As a snowlover,I wouldn't go out first thing in the morning in the snow unless it was to get above freezing and melt.If it were to stay below freezing,I would go out first thing in the morning and take some pics before the kids go out.Certainly watch,I also wouldn't mind having a whole lot of snow this year either.
4. watchingnva
5:14 AM GMT on December 21, 2007
lol... i imagine we will have at least a couple more, "as pump would put it"..."snow farts" before we get any real accumulation...lol...i think 2-3 more times at least...ground just isnt cold enough to support accumulation...personally, I wouldnt mind having some good snow this year...I miss the way it looks early in the am before the kids go out and ruin it, it becomes a muddy mess.
3. weatherblogger221
10:44 PM GMT on December 20, 2007
Wednesday Night and Thursday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs around 50. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Who knows maybe it could accumulate just enough to last in the morning.
2. dean2007
10:08 PM GMT on December 20, 2007
I have the same feeling tropicfreak.
1. pumps
8:56 PM GMT on December 20, 2007
I do not know about "Watch" but I
raise my own woolie-bears....LOL..

Tropicfreak's Central Virginia Weather Blog

About tropicfreak

Live in Richmond VA. I'm a recent high school graduate who is looking to pursue a career in meteorology. Winter storms and the tropics fascinate me.